Tuesday, June 29, 2010

I Did It!



 
I never thought that I would finish this project after seeing all the little pieces that I had to cut out and assemble to make Tony the Tiger come alive. Here he is all finished and ready to be hung somewhere [where?] is to be decided at a later date.
Here is a bit of a close up


My fingers are sore after all this stitching so I will stop for a bit and concentrate on making some community quilts.
A group called Victoria's Quilts Canada, Comforting people with cancer have asked if we as individuals can help. "Their mission is to provide hand-made quilts to people with cancer. These quilts provide physical comfort as well as spiritual comfort in knowing that the Lord is with them in their struggle". The quilts are a gift. No cost is ever passed on to the quilt recipient or to the person who requests the quilt. So I will do my part, take some time off and make a few quilts to help. 
Before I sign off, I wanted to show off another tiger in our lives...


Do you think he looks like an Umpire? That is Jaedon, my great grandson who will be 2 in September and like a tiger you have to watch his every move at every second.

2 comments:

paulette said...

Little Jaedon is adorable and looks more like the kind of tiger that you cuddle with!!
Your tiger quilt is stunning!! He looks like a picture- sheer perfection!! You must be so proud of yourself!! Now rest those fingers!!
;o)
Take care!
Paulette

Delores said...

WOW, Vicky, the tiger looks awesome! I hope you are entering him in the Tiger Challenge. The picnic get together at Gloria's is on Aug. 16th, where they will be displayed. Hope to see you.